Life Care Plan
Life Care, also known as Fraternal Care or Charitable Care, is available to Florida Masons and their wives and widows. Under this plan, applicants relinquish their assets to the Grand Lodge of Florida to establish a resident maintenance account. Each month the Grand Lodge will debit this account to cover the cost of care. When all resident assets are depleted, the Grand Lodge utilizes charitable funds from the Endowment Fund to continue to provide the same quality of care throughout the life time of the resident.
Under Life Care, residents are provided assistance with their activities of daily living, dietary planning and medications. Residents in our Assisted Living area are provided private suites. As health requirements change, a resident may be relocated to our Skilled Nursing area for more assistance. Our skilled center offers semi-private rooms.
Both levels of care provide group dining, common areas for social and recreations activities and the following:
- Primary & Specialist Care
- Medication (based on insurance)
- Hearing, dental & eye care
- Medical care (based on insurance)
- Three meals per day
- Transportation off campus
- Recreational activities
- Laundry service
- Weekly room cleaning
- Furniture (resident may provide)
- Towels, linens and pillows
- Basic cable television
- Wireless internet access
Life Care Qualifications
Minimum qualifications for the Masonic Home of Florida Life Care Plan are:
- 10 years as a Florida Master Mason
- Last 3 of 10 years must have been continuous, and in good standing
- Applicant joined a Florida Lodge prior to age 70
- Proper application to the Masonic Home
Life Care Admission
The application and admission process for the Masonic Home of Florida Life Care Plan is simple and straight forward, and should be initiated by the applicant's sponsoring Blue Lodge and the District Deputy Grand Master of that district.
- Complete the Masonic Home of Florida application
- Provide a list of applicant's assets to the Board
- Upon acceptance, the applicants assets will be exchanged for a continuing care agreement
- The resident will retain 10% of the liquid assets value after the first $10,000.00
- The resident will control this 10% fund through an account set-up at the Masonic Home
- Move in and enjoy the wonderful charm of the Masonic Home!