Recent Updates Regarding
Covid-19 Update: Safety Protocols
Message from Lisa Tsotsos, Administrator
The entire Masonic Home of Florida community is pleased to announce a more relaxed protocol that enables us to safely spend quality time together with family and friends, both on campus and out in the larger community. We are thankful to be on the other side of last year’s challenges and are adding additional opportunities to enrich the lives of residents while continuing to be vigilant in following precautions in compliance with infection control and safety guidelines as directed by the Florida Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Visitation Guidelines (Effective April 26, 2021)
Masonic Home of Florida, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing, is conducting in-person visitations consistent with proper infection control guidelines. Visitors are not required to be tested or vaccinated for Covid-19, however all visitors must be screened prior to entering the building and are encouraged to be tested and/or vaccinated prior to visiting. Visitors will be denied entrance to the building if they exhibit signs or symptoms of Covid-19, or do not pass the screening questions. For purposes of the Visitation Guidelines, the term “visitor” includes family members, friends and private duty caregivers that are not employees of the Masonic Home of Florida.
All visitors and residents must adhere to the following visitation guidelines:
On-campus visits are by appointment only and must be scheduled with the Receptionist by calling 727-822-3499.
Visitation may be scheduled Monday through Sunday as follows:
- Monday-Friday Between 1pm-6pm
- Saturday & Sunday Between 1pm-5pm
When arriving at the Masonic Home of Florida campus, visitors must enter through the main entrance to sign in and for screening of signs and symptoms of Covid-19. Visitors will then be directed or escorted to designated visiting area or the resident’s private room.
Indoor And Outdoor Visits are limited as follows:
- Each visit appointment is for 1 hour period
- Maximum of 3 visitors per resident at a time
- Visit appointments are first come first serve
- Pets are not allowed
- Consumption of food and drink during visit not allowed
- Visitors must wear a face mask covering nose and mouth at all times, indoors and outdoors
- Visitors may not walk the hallways except to get to designated visitation area or use common lounge areas
- Visitors must use hand sanitizer before and after their visit
- Visitors must maintain a distance of six feet from other residents and staff at all times
- Visitors must sign out upon completion of visit
- Visitors must immediately inform Masonic Home if they develop fever or symptoms consistent with Covid-19 or test positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of visit
If a visitor is unable to adhere to any of the above guidelines, the visitor will be asked to leave and may not be permitted to return.
Off-campus Visits are allowed. Families taking residents off-campus must be mindful of the potential risks, especially if the resident or the people they encounter have not been fully vaccinated. This includes crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. It is recommended to use masks, social distancing and hand hygiene during off-campus visits. If a resident comes in contact with someone who is ill with Covid-19, or becomes ill after visiting with resident, please notify the residents nursing station immediately.
To schedule an off-campus visit, please coordinate with the residents nursing station:
- Assisted Living Ext. 181
- Nursing Center 1st Floor Ext. 175
- Nursing Center 2nd Floor Ext. 140
Virtual Visits will continue to be offered to residents. To schedule a virtual visit through FaceTime or Zoom please contact email@example.com