Skilled Nursing Care
Individualized care for each resident’s needs goes a long way to creating peace of mind for everyone. We also support residents that may have nutritional or cognitive decline. Programs like recreational and music therapy, along with the nurturing care of our tenured staff, contribute to improved outcomes.
At Masonic Home of Florida, skilled nursing is designed to help our residents maintain the strength they have when they arrive and, when possible, restore some independence.
Skilled nursing includes:
- Semi-private, furnished room
- Three meals per day, plus snacks
- Housekeeping with linen and daily laundry service
- Cable TV, WiFi, all utilities except private phones
- Shopping trips and community outings and activities
- Social events, Masonic functions, and holiday programs
- Beauty salon/barber service
- 24-hour trained, professional staffing
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, and incontinence
- Therapeutic diets
- Medication administration
- Bedside call system
- Transportation to most medical appointments within 10 miles
Nutrition & Dining
Good nutrition leads to better health, mobility, and digestion, which is why our dietitian meets with every new resident to understand their individual dietary needs, then works with our nursing and food service professionals to make sure they’re met, including providing specialized diets and planning for specific medical conditions.
Wheelchair-accessible transportation is available for nearly any medical appointment in the area. Our air-conditioned vehicles are rigorously maintained and our drivers are certified and trained in resident transportation.
Our commitment to caring has no bounds. We welcome Masons, their wives or widows, and non-Masonic residents into our community through Fraternal Care and Private Pay plans.
We chose the Masonic Home of Florida because they have a nurturing environment and a caring culture.
The staff at The Masonic Home of Florida treats all of us like we’re family – not standoffish like other communities we visited.